Shelly Senbei – Japanese Style Rice Crackers

Have you guys ever tried these?  My curiosity got the best of me and I purchased these.  I was walking around Seaside, California and stumbled upon this Oriental Store.  I was hoping that I would find some Filipino products but it turned out to be mostly Chinese and Japanese products.  The store lady was nice enough. I was dressed down today – borderline hoodlum really with my baggy jeans and green hoodie. She probably thought I was a bit ghetto lol but she chatted with me when she realized that I was a buying customer.  So these crackers have a very subtle taste to them with a slight bit of sweetness.  I imagine this is what you would eat with tea or maybe coffee.  Definitely not the snack if you’re looking for something to fill you up though.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Shelly Senbei – Japanese Style Rice Crackers

1. Cierra T. April 2, 2015 / 2:16 am

They look pretty good, but unfortunately I don't have an Oriental market/store anywhere near me. The nearest one is around 6+ hours away. 😦 I can order them online but that's not the same experience lol.

2. Constantin Stanca April 6, 2015 / 3:09 am

They look interesting, but I don't even think these have been imported in my country, much less my city. Nice to know that store ladies turn talkative when they realize that the person who enters their store wants to buy something instead of just being there to look around.

3. Sharon Van Fleet April 6, 2015 / 3:35 am

Oh oriental stores are everywhere I am sure you have one in your area – you just need to look for it! They are not always advertised in online or even in the yellow pages.

4. Sharon Van Fleet April 6, 2015 / 3:36 am

If you ever have a chance to try them I encourage it – they have a nice flavor to them, nothing overwhelming though.

5. Maddie April 10, 2015 / 4:40 pm

I am in the same position as Cierra T. I don't have an oriental store anywhere near me or I would check these out. I'll have to look for a way to get these. They look like they would be good. Did you like them?

6. Sharon Van Fleet April 15, 2015 / 2:29 am

I have them regularly stocked now in my kitchen. It's just a nice little snack to munch on when you're not really hungry but you want to nibble on something.